The Economic Research Southern Africa webinars on ‘Structural Constraints on the Economy, Growth and Political Economy’ bring together scholars and practitioners of growth and political economy of Africa. The webinars reflect the current state of research in growth and political economy, and provide a forum for exchange for scholars and practitioners.
In addition to invited international speakers, Southern African-based scholars and practitioners on growth and political economy of Africa interested in giving a webinar may contact Manoel.Bittencourt [at] econrsa.org.
- Monday 13 July, Christian Bjornskov (Aarhus University and IFN, Stockholm), 'TBA'
- Monday 20 July, James Fenske (University of Warwick), 'TBA'
- Monday 27 July, Krisztina Kis-Katos (University of Goettingen), 'TBA'
- Monday 03 August, Daron Acemoglu (MIT), 'TBA'
- Monday 17 August, Andrea Presbitero (IMF and Johns Hopkins University), 'TBA'
- Monday 24 August, Rodrigo Soares (Columbia University), 'TBA'
- Monday 14 September, Eliana La Ferrara (Bocconi University), 'TBA'
- Monday 08 June, Sebastian Vollmer (University of Goettingen), 'COVID-19 in Low- and Middle-Income Countries'
- Monday 01 June, Peter Rosendorff (New York University), 'Financial Statecraft: Government Choice of Debt instruments'
- Monday 25 May, Nonso Obikili (ERSA and Stellenbosch University), 'When Women March: The 1929 Aba Women’s Tax Revolt and Gender Gaps in Political Participation in Nigeria'
- Monday 18 May, Paul M. Vaaler (University of Minnesota), 'How Do Women Differ from Men as Venture Funders? Theory and Evidence from Migrants and their Remittances to Developing Countries'
Manoel Bittencourt (ERSA and University of Pretoria)