Economic Research Southern Africa (ERSA) funds annual workshops to promote research in industrial organization and competition policy in South Africa and beyond. Previous keynote speakers include Daniel Rubinfeld and Luke Froeb.
The upcoming workshop will focus on the economics of collusion, with keynote speaker Prof Joseph Harrington (University of Pennsylvania Wharton School). We therefore especially welcome submissions on:
· Cartel pricing dynamics and determinants of steady-state cartel prices
· Studies of observed collusive practices including communication practices
· Models of cartel formation
· Cartel screening tools
We also welcome:
· Empirical IO papers, including demand modelling papers
· Papers dealing explicitly with South African competition policy issues
Submissions may take the form of either abstracts or completed papers. Applicants who wish to attend without presenting a paper must indicate their research interests, as they may be involved as discussants.
Send papers and abstracts to Prof Willem Boshoff: wimpie2 [at] sun.ac.za
Deadline for submission: 31 July 2015